What are you doing to stop bad breath from damaging your smile? Bad breath, also known as halitosis, is the result of a nasty or foul odor originating from your mouth. It is repeatedly caused by poor oral hygiene but it may also be a symptom of a far more serious ailment within your mouth or body. Everything from the foods you eat to bad habits such as smoking can all play a fundamental role in the causes of bad breath, so consider following these important guidelines:
– Medications that produce dry mouth symptoms can create bad breath.
– Various diseases and abnormalities cause bad breath, including respiratory tract infections and liver and kidney problems.
– If you have an unidentified disease such as periodontal disease, also called gum disease, it may be causing bad breath.
– Food residue that lingers in your mouth can cause bad breath.
– Bad breath can be influenced by poor oral hygiene habits such as the forgetting to floss and brush daily.
– One of the easiest and quickest ways to eliminate most common kinds of bad breath is by using mouthwash.
If you are showing signs of severe bad breath, come visit Hooper Family Dentistry for treatment today. With the helpful support of Dr. Stephen R. Hooper and our wonderful team at our dentist office in Bossier City, Louisiana, we can restore your smile to its former glory. To schedule an appointment, call us at 318-742-2272. Visit us today, and your smile with thank you!